otelemete james on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:26:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] JOINT VENTURE

DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES
PLOT 225 KOFO ABAYOMI STREET VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS, NIGERIA.

DIRECT TEL/FAX: 234 1 759 4484.

ATTENTION : THE PRESIDENT/C.E.O

 RE: CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear friend,

My name is OTELEMATE JAMES, a member of the Presidential Task Force on Oil Spillage Clean-up. Early last year there was a major oil spillage in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria which rendered over 70% of the communities homeless.The contract was handled by a foreign firm but because of the huge monetary profit we envisaged we decided to over-invoice the contract sum.

Now the contract has been completed and the original contractor has since been paid,but the contract balance of US$38 million,which resulted from the over invoiced contract sum that has been left in a suspense account with the CENTRAL BANK of NIGERIA,is what me and my partners are planning to take out of the country for ourselves.The problem is as government officials,we are not suppose to own fat bank accounts,talk less of having foreign ones.

To this end, we are soliciting your assistance as a foreign partner who can assist us and receive this amount into your account. We are ready to share this money with you on the basis of participation. We also have plans to invest part of this money in any viable business in your country under your care,as we are nearing our retirement age.

In any case, I received a reference of you/organization from the Nigeria Chambers of Commerce and Industry ‘Foreign Trade Division’ as a reputable organ that can assist us on this transaction. Please if you accept my proposal do not hesitate to send me a fax on 234 1 759 4484 or send me an e-mail on: otelemate@lycos.com, so that I can provide you with the basic procedures for the release of the fund.

It does not matter whether you or your company does contract project of the nature described here, the assumption is that you won a major contract and subcontracted it to another company, more often than not, big trading companies or individuals of unrelated field win major contracts here in Nigeria and subcontracts same to more specialized firms for execution.

BENEFIT: For providing the account where we shall remit this money, you will be entitled to 25% of the entire funds, 70% will be for me and my partners,while 5% has been set aside to cover any expenses that may be incurred by both parties during this transaction, both local and international.

Please I enjoin you to handle this transaction with utmost degree of maturity and confidentiality because I am still in active government service with the “NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION”. If I receive your response on time, this whole transaction could be accomplished within the shortest possible time based on your interest and determination,since the money is already in transit.

Please, try to call me up to confirm the receipt of your fax or e-mail.The lines may be busy,but keep trying till you get through.

Yours faithfully,

DR.OTELEMATE JAMES.

TEL/FAX: 234 1 759 4484.