Paul D. Miller on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:17:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition" andEthnomathematics (Re: nettime-l-digest V1 #1069)

J - not sure what you mean. Situationnist material? Advertising? Or
"Spooky" - who is a character in my upcoming novel? Please clarify
what this has to do with your comments. This kind of stuff is mad
boring.

Paul

>  > DJ Spooky - WHAT are you talking about???
>  >
>  > >Gibson understands ADVERTISING as a kind of
>  > > Situationist
>  > > detournement
>  >

>Wasn't it "Spooky that Sublimated Kid" who lent himself to the inspired GAP
>advertisements here in Manhattan a year or so ago?  Its all posture, and it
>really is Spooky.
>
>j-
>
>usemenow.com
>
>#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
>#  <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
>#  collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
>#  more info: majordomo@bbs.thing.net and "info nettime-l" in the msg body
>#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime@bbs.thing.net

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe
they are free...."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Port:status>OPEN
wildstyle access: www.djspooky.com

Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Office Mailing Address:

Subliminal Kid Inc.
101 W. 23rd St. #2463
New York, NY 10011