zaheer_morgan07 on Sun, 9 Mar 2003 01:04:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Project Facilitation

PRIMROSE VENTURES LIMITED,
SUITE 3b ROCKVIEW PLAZA,
VICTORIA ISLAND,
LAGOS-NIGERIA.
TEL: 234-80-232-63622

FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION,

First, I must solicit your strictest understanding in the matter i am about to disclose to you,if the contents of this mail does meet with your approval, I humbly crave your indulgence.

I am the director of the above named company, I recently retired as the director of finance of the Federal Ministry Of Power & Steel (FMP&S). During my tenure as the director of finance, I was also in charge of the federal tenders board. The job of the tenders board was to access bids made to the FMP&S by foreign and local contractors for execution of contracts and recommend to the government for award of such contracts.

In the course of our work at the tenders board, we recieved a bid of (USD46.8M) from Arab Contractors Company of Egypt for the refurbishing of the six thermal flow stations and the supply of (1000 units) of 27KVA transformers for the south-western part of the country. The federal governemnt had already given the tender's board a mark-up of (USD75M), what this meant was that the value of the contract should not exceed USD75M

The bid was unsually low for the contract in question considering the other bids we had gone through. The tenders board now invited the Arab Contractors Company of Egypt for an appraisal of their bid. After the appraisal, we the five members of the tenders board agreed to recommend them for the award of the contract only if they increase thier bid to USD70M. The balance USD23.2M was to be paid to us (the members of the tenders board) after the execution of the contract. Not trusting the contractors to live up to their own part of the bargain, we established the above mentioned company and had them contract the USD23.2M to the company as a sub-contract of the original contract. The deed of sub-contract was drawn up, singed by all the concerned parties and registered with the registrar of deeds at the federal high court, ( copies will be sent to you upon the commencement of this transaction)

Arab contractors have executed the whole contract and have been paid off, leaving the balance USD23.2M. Considering the amount of the fund involved we cannot ask the CBN to pay directly into our local bank account as the bank regulatory bodies will want to know the directors of the company.

Though I am retired, my other two partners are still in government employ. I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my partners to source for a business partner to whom we could transfer the sum of USD23.2M by drawing up a letter of domiciliation instructing the concerned government parastatals i.e the FMP&S and CBN to pay into the partner's account the contractual entitlement of USD23.2M. You will agree with me that a letter of domiciliation is an accepted form of doing business worldwide.

We the directors of this company will first of all nominate and appoint you as a norminal director of this company, this will show that you have had a business relation with the company prior to this transaction.

Should this transaction interest you, you are to contact me on my telephone number 2348023263622 or my e-mail address, so that I can brief you fully, and discuss your renumeration for this undertaking.

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of the transaction upon receipt of the following information: Your full name/ company name, address, company's details & activities, telephone & fax numbers.

These information will enable us make the applications and lodge claims to the concerned ministries & agencies in favour of your company and it is pertinent to state here that a legally binding contract will be entered by all parties involved, this is to safe guard our mutual interest.

Yours Faithfuly,

Dr. Zaheer Morgan.