nettime_announcer on Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:53:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 00.06 [b]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
                                                                   | 0 0 . 0 6 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  b <<

                                                                         - - - -
           laudible@laudanum.net : focus on live broadcasts, this week   | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
               Jill Helffenstein <jhelffenstein@itheo.com> : iTheo.com   | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
    wander eikelboom <wander.s.eikelboom@let.uu.nl> : The Naked Launch   | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
 Aleksandar Gubas <gutwine@yahoo.com> : Yugoslavia on documentary film   | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
                           skim.com <000027@skim.com> : //got milk?///   | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                          Darren Tofts <dtofts@swin.edu.au> : Parallax   | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                        mailto:nettime-l@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

            --------------  .  -- --

http://laudanum.net/laudible/

-__ -- _ __-------

                 new tracks are many
    and abundant streams flow.

   ---  ---- - ---              .

    (nets cast)    -   .

          the what is music? festival is played for all to hear
      ...including performances by

    pimmon, minit, david haines, rosy parlane,
           oren ambarchi,   robbie avenaim

keith rowe,  fennesz,   pita,   skot,   rehberg & bauer
        jon rose,  jim denley,  rik rue,    simon wickham-smith

     and who knows what else. (check www.whatismusic.com)
                        requires quicktime 4.x
   monday 6th feb - thursday 10 feb.    2000
         palladium/kings cross/sydney
            8pm - until finished each night

------     -    -

    9th february
        9pm-12pm on l'audible's regular netcast
  the hydrogen jukebox...
      ramon bauer, tina frank, matthias gmachl, fennesz
        appear for      a  big computer mixup of sorts.
--
     +  +   mego madness at l'audible and why not...!!

          hydrogen juke box . .. .
       _--      with zinaK and martinNg
         ..  2RESFM 89.7MhZ
            .  wednesday 9pm-midnight  .. .   ...   .
       http://laudanum.net/fl*live/

=== at midnight on this day, a special response to timewarneraol
._  broadcasting on all channels simultaneously..
        .. 2ser, 2mbs, 2res, laudible, comradsat.
-----  -

followed by ++
        furthermore...  w/ rik rue .&. shannon o'neill  .
     _  _     ___  from         ..       2MBS-FM 102.5MHz
      .   ...  fortnightly on wednesday evenings
           midnight-3a.m.
        http://laudanum.net/fl*live/

-----  -

tracks appear /archived/ from

     size(sydney)
        ~not (auckland)      dirtymouse    (sydney)     dbleep (sydney)
  oren ambarchi and robbie avenaim (sydney/melbourne)
        misled convoy (auckland)   stevie wishart (syndey)
         sean kerr   (nz...)

                requires realPlayer G2

----- --     -

              need we say more

  cross posting and all
              .   ..   .   .to bale just ask.
            .      . .
      .         ..

         l'audible@laudanum.net

                  .             . ..    .

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear iTheo Friend,

The iTheo Team is working 'round the clock to prepare for our imminent
launch!

Soon you'll be able to share the experience of art on the Internet and
discover the world's most promising artists in ways you never thought
possible!

Buyers will be able to obtain ideas for purchasing art, personalize their
preferences and share recommendations with a new community of buyers. iTheo
artists will be able to take advantage of the most cutting-edge e-commerce
features and dramatically increase sales.

...and for those artists among you, what are you waiting for? Exhibiting on
iTheo is FREE! To apply to become an iTheo artist, please email us at
Artists@iTheo..com.

Thank you for showing interest in iTheo.com, we welcome suggestions and
feedback on what you are looking for in an online marketplace for artists
and buyers.  Visit us at http://www.iTheo.com to learn more about how iTheo
is bringing people closer to art.

And don't forget to look for your next email annoucing that iTheo.com is
open, experience it first-hand!

Sincerely,

The iTheo Team

http://www.iTheo.com

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

Press Release

[Apologies for cross posting]

Jungle Association of Autonomous Astronauts presents

The Naked Launch

Exactly 400 hundred years after the death of Giordano Bruno the Jungle
Association of Autonomous Astronauts (AAA) presents on Thursday February
17th her Naked Launch, the frozen moment when everybody realizes that it is
us who can make spacetravel happen.

Apart from video, information and psycho-audiology this event will feature:

[DEF IND]
industrial jungle

REBEL ASSAULT
digital hardcore

CHRIET TITULAER
with a lecture on the future of spacetravel

JUNGLEAAA is part of a worldwide network of groups which are developing
independent spacetravel programs. While civilian and military spacetravel
cooperations like NASA and ESA are trying to monopolize spacetravel for
commercial and military goals, the AAA wants to head out into space to
found free colonies for and from autonomous astronauts.

THE NAKED LAUNCH
Thursday February 17
@ ACU, Voorstraat 71
Utrecht, The Netherlands

For more info:
jungleaaa@hotmail.com
www.uncarved.demon.co.uk

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

CINEMA SAFARI FESTIVAL
Yugoslavia on documentary film since 1995

Since 1995 Belgrade and Serbia were visited by many professional
journalists, artists, adventurers, war tourists... All of them were
interested in the black hole called Serbia, and they have made some
documentaries expressing their points of view to this land of
paradox.

REMONT and LOW-FI VIDEO will organize Cinema Safari Festival in the
fall of 2000, where all those films would be shown. We'd like to see
how the others see us, and we invite all who visited Yugoslavia since
1995 with their cameras to contact us and to submit their films (no
entry fee).

Also, we invite everybody who knows about some of those authors and
films to tell us whom we should contact, because in 1999 there was so
much cameras here that we didn't manage to contact all those people,
and every help in looking for their films will be welcome.

You can contact us at:
remont@remont.co.yu
or:
lowfivideo@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
Darka Radosavljevic
Aleksandar Gubas

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

hi_there!

we wanna connect, means: we did some real
global research on potential co-lab partners,
and we would gladly do some stuff with you or
about you.

we could offer [at least] the following co-ops::

000001:: editorials on skim.com
000002:: linkexchange
000003:: sitcom "product placement"/fakebanners
000004:: art::banna creation / xchange [for more
          info on this: pls see www.ubermorgen.org]
000005:: weird viral co-op actions
000006:: cross-shopping/shopINshop
000007:: real-life event co-op [we also do live
          parties in cities of our/your choice
          around the world]

if you think any of this might be interesting for
you, tell us what else more you wanna know about us.
in the meantime, check out http://www.skim.com and
tell us what you think. and link y/site back to
us, if you pleaze..

--> if you wanna log in to the communications
platform at skim.com, send us your snail mail
address // we will send you a print-mag containing
the id-wrist-band with your login and passwd;;
.:and this is xclusive..:

     lets network!
     000027@skim.com

  : :skim.com // / /// /
  . .cream communication
  : : . . . . . . . . ..
  : :                  :
  . .http://www.skim.com the intelligent platform for
    .urban style and communication. skim.com:
    .::: : : : : : :. . .: . :: . . the live network.
    .
    .
    .::weekly skim.newz//digital sitcom:: ::: . .:: .
    .                    http://skim.com/news       :

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

ADVANCE BOOK INFORMATION

Parallax. Essays on Art, Culture and Technology

By Darren Tofts

Parallax is a collection of ten essays by the Australian writer Darren Tofts
(author, with artist Murray McKeich, of Memory Trade. A Prehistory of
Cyberculture).  The essays brought together in Parallax explore the
complexity of cultural production of the late twentieth century, a diverse,
swirling interplay of traditional art forms, multimedia, cyberspace, and an
overall preoccupation with the coming together of humans and machines.

Parallax, as the title suggests, is concerned with multiple viewpoints, with
different ways of seeing.  Darren Tofts looks at contemporary culture and
finds a mosaic, a network of collisions, juxtapositions and surprising
fusions of unexpected elements -- links between cybernetics and multimedia
gameplay, hieroglyphics and the abstract languages of virtual worlds, the
Residents and Stéphane Mallarmé.

In Parallax, tradition is seen anew, while the very new finds its place in
history.  The significance of figures such as Marcel Duchamp, James Joyce,
Samuel Beckett and Francis Bacon is explored alongside Andres Serrano and
the culture wars, digital aesthetics, hypertext, and the consequences of
becoming a machine.

In Parallax, truly remarkable ideas find truly remarkable links.

Parallax is an Interface Book, published by Craftsman House, October, 1999.

Ordering Information:  Craftsman House, 42-44 Chandos St., St Leonards,
2065, New South Wales, Australia.

Ph:   61 2 99668400
Fax:  61 2 99660355