David Mandl on Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:38:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Crude but Effective

N.B.: The Guardian tag is not quite accurate, as the version of this piece
that appeared in today's Guardian was substantially different from this
one.

Just for the record,

   --Dave Mandl, expat.

--
Dave Mandl
dmandl@panix.com

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Douglas Rushkoff wrote:

> Yahooıs Last Stand
> By Douglas Rushkoff, Guardian, UK
>
> We may never know exactly who perpetrated the string of attacks on the
> World Wide Webıs most trafficked sites this week. It could have been
> international terrorists attempting to destabilize NASDAQ, or even a shady
> Internet security firm hoping to create a market for its own services. But
> itıs certainly easy enough to understand the motives for such an outbreak
> of cyber-sabotage in the context of todayıs widespread resentment towards
> the corporations who have commandeered the Internet.

[snip]