Ben B. Day on Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:26:16 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> net multiculturalism and net arts - a proposal

> hi florians,
> I forwarded all your propoposals to the dictionnaire de l'academie globale
> digitale, and they have a board that will decide over the purity of
> language, and the appropriate mapping of the mind. Since you are convinced
> that a plural form also changes the conceptualisation in ordinary speech,
> we will propose a list of words with singular forms but indicating plural
> entities, either human and non-human, eatable and non-eatable, from
> different languages.

Yes, yes. And while we're at it, I'd like to propose the following
revisions: that the term "evil" henceforth be replaced with "good,"
that "ugly," due to its negative connotations, become "handsome," that
we speak no longer of the following individuals by their current,
tarnished titles: Adam Smith, Kant, Bertrand Russell, or Stalin. And
that they should instead be referred to by that infinitely more
servicable (and palatable) Karl Marx, Hegel, Heidegger, and Ho Chi Minh,
respectively.

Student movements have clearly made a grievous error in the past by
occupying university administration buildings. From here on in we will
strike the dictionary publishers! No office of lexicography or
scriptorium is safe. Our foes will suddenly find themselves simply
without the means to speak of, and therefore to think intelligibly
about their ridiculous notions and unjust practices.

What a revaluation of values! Nietzsche would approve,
----Ben