dr wooo on Sat, 18 Mar 2000 15:52:46 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> (en) anti-IMF/WB: Prague 2000 INPEG - Call For Help

----- Original Message -----
 Date: 15 Mar 2000 13:31:25 PST
 From: Andrew.Bacelis@directory.reed.edu (Andrew Bacelis)
 Subject: anti-IMF/WB: Prague 2000 INPEG - Call For Help
 To: movimento@ecn.org, globe_l@ecn.org, nadir-aktuell@mail.nadir.org

 --- Forwarded Message from infocentrum wageningen <infocent@wnet.bos.nl>
---
 >Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:35:03 +0100
 >To: a-infos@tao.ca, n30@listbot.com, PGA_Seattle99@listbot.com,
  allsorts@gn.apc.org
 >From: infocentrum wageningen <infocent@wnet.bos.nl>
 >Subject: INPEG Prague 2000 - Call For Help

 PGA Action at WTO Seattle - http://members.aol.com/pgacaravan

 From: zemepredevsim@ecn.cz
 Subject: Fw: INPEG Prague 2000 - Call For Help
 Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:34:28 +0100

 SORRY FOR CROSSPOSTING
 Please spread this call worldwide
 Initiative Against Economic Globalization - Prague 2000
 Join the campaign against IMF/WB summit in Prague, September 25.-28., 2000.
 We need your support for the continuing struggle for global justice!!!
 Some 20,000 representatives of global capital (world bankers, economists
 and financiers) are expected to come to Prague in September to attend the
 55th annual summit of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank
 Group. This prestigious meeting of the world economic elite, the first of
 its kind in the Central and Eastern Europe, will definitely be of a great
 importance. The delegates will meet to propose a scheme of further
 liberalization of the world economy by defining new loan priorities and
 structural adjustment conditions.

 The events in Seattle at the WTO meeting last November showed that a huge
 wave of global resistance is rising against the expanding power of global
 capital. The IMF/WB summit in Prague will be our next big opportunity to
 express our demands for global justice.
 The Initiative Against Economic Globalization (INPEG) is a loose coalition
 of various Czech environmental, human rights and autonomist/anarchist
 groups, organizations and individuals who are ready to stand up critically
 against the summit of the world financial oligarchy. INPEG has been meeting
 regularly in Prague since last summer. It has planned a series of campaigns
 that will culminate in ten days of activities starting on September 20.
 Non-violent demonstrations, info campaigns, and the Festival of Art and
 Resistance includinga counter-summit will be the main resistance activities
 in the mentioned period.
 We will be exposing the links between the IMF/WB, the WTO and transnational
 corporations and the ways how they work to maximize private profits and
 limit the power of people to protect the environment, determine their
 economic destiny, and safeguard their human rights. They are also directly
 responsible for the third world debt. Even their debt relief policy
 continues under the harsh conditions of the IMF Structural Adjustment
 Programmes, and thus makes just one step forward and two steps backward.
 Our goal is to give the proper name to what the policies of the IMF/WB
 really cause in the South as well as in the Central and Eastern Europe. We
 will be demanding an immediate suspension of these practices leading to
 environmental destruction, growing social inequality and poverty and
 curtailing of people's rights. We will be demonstrating our solidarity with
 the global resistance movement.
 Your support is needed, indeed!!!
 The support, both moral and material, for the September actions in Prague,
 should come from all around the world. Of course, financial contribution is
 crucial, especially in the CE Europe, where financial sources as well as
 the movement itself are not so developed as was for example the case with
 Seattle. That is why we are issuing this urgent appeal. Let us know if you
 can help us in our common struggle.
 Please tell us whether you are planning to or campaigning already against

 the Prague IMF/WB summit.
 Can you bring any people to Prague? How many?
 Can you organize workshops or bring own materials to spread in Prague?
 Can you bring mobile sound systems and other stuff useful for street actions?
 Can you contact street artists, music bands, etc. to come to Prague to the
 art/activism festival?
 Can you contact renowned personalities either to take part in the
 counter-summit or to publicly express support?
 Are you planning to organize any other activities related to our campaign?
 Are you planning to run a parallel campaign in your country?
 Can you propagate the anti-IMF/WB activities in Prague in both alternative
 and mainstream media?

 Financial contribution is the crucial thing!!! Please donate as much as you
 can for success in September.
 Can you pay for specific services (e.g. communications equipment, printing,
 etc.)?
 Can you a contribute a direct donation?
 Can you organize benefit concerts, techno parties, collections or
 fundraising for the Prague campaign?
 We can offer accommodation for almost no money in Prague.
 If you want more information on the counter-summit or other actions in
 Prague, accommodation facilities or on INPEG and the Czech resistance
 movement, visit our webpages on http://imf2000.webjump.com or contact us on
 our email: Prague2000_cz@hotmail.com.
 Please contribute financial donations on this account:
 IPB
 Cs.Armady 35
 160 00, Prague 6
 Czech Republic, Europe
 account number: 163 775 396/5100
 swift code: INBACZPP

 Global solidarity against global capital !!!
 Initiative Against Economic Globalization $F6 Prague 2000
 Prague2000_cz@hotmail.com

 Zeme predevsim! - (Earth First! Prague)
 PO BOX 237
 160 41 Praha 6