Reverendbillynyc on Thu, 18 May 2000 13:12:53 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> A CALL TO ACTION AGAINST STARBUCKS

A CALL TO ACTION AGAINST STARBUCKS
IN SOLIDARITY WITH ZAPATISTAS STRUGGLE

BY THE CHURCH OF STOP SHOPPING.

JOIN OUR LOCAL/GOBAL VR-SITIN
ON MAY THE 18TH 2000 TILL MAY 20TH 2000
AGAINST STARBUCKS AND
FOR *FRANCHISE FREE ZONES*
ALL AROUND THE PLANET
AND IN SOLIDARITY WITH
ZAPATISTAS STRUGGLE AGAINST
NEO-LIBERALISM.

STOP THE STARBUCKS OF THE WORLD.
FROM TAKING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

OUR  NEIGHBORHOOD IS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

YA BASTA!!

VR - SIT-IN WILL START ON MAY 18TH, 2000
TILL MAY 20TH, 2000

TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VR-SITIN TOOL
GO TO ON MAY 18TH, 2000 AT 12PM (EST):

http://www.revbilly.com/

AND JOIN THE VR-SITIN!

DO NOT BE AFRAID SISTERS AND BROTHERS
TO DOWNLOAD THIS LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN!

HOW DO I JOIN THIS ACTION REV. BILLY?

MY CHILDREN YOU MUST
Download THE VR-SITIN TOOL onto your harddrive
into any folder you wish or make one for it.

Go to your Folder and click:

Start.html

You must ONLY USE Netscape 4.0 and up. -
NO IE SISTERS AND BROTHERS!!

Alleluhiah!!

You will then be given 2 type of VR- SIT-IN functions.

1) Is a Draw or Trace your ACTION.

With your mouse make a DRAWING on the
WHITE SPACE with your MOUSE.

This will cause the VR - Sit In tool to randomly Sit on
different STARBUCKS URLs that represent your Drawing.
It will only function if you DRAW. If you stop Drawing
it will stop the SIT-IN Action.

2) This is the traditional VR - SIT-IN.

Just CLICK IT ON  and the tool will
start the SIT-IN action ON STARBUCKS automatically.
Just Leave your Browser on (you
can minimize your Browser if you feel like it).

3) If the CyberCops come They will TRY
to use a counter_ScriptS against us and
try to shut the SIT-IN down by making it
difficult.

But on the GOOD SIDE - the MORE FOLKS
JOIN the more difficult it is for them
to SHUT US ALL DOWN. BLESSED BE!!

++++

LATEST INFO ON THE ZAPATISTAS
STRUGGLE TO SAVE THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Originally published in Spanish by the EZLN
______________________
Translated by irlandesa

Communiqué from the Clandestine
Revolutionary Indigenous Committee -
General Command of the EZLN Mexico

May 10, 2000.

To the People of Mexico:
To the Peoples and Governments of the World:
To the National and International Press:

Brothers and Sisters:

First. -  Over the last few weeks, the Mexican
federal government has been insisting on violent actions
and threats in an attempt to create a favorable
climate for their determination to strike a definitive
blow at the indigenous communities and the EZLN.

Second. -  Under the pretext of fires in the Selva
Lacandona, dozens of indigenous towns have been
threatened with dislocation through joint Army
and Federal Preventive Police forces.  The truth is,
the fires have only occurred in places where
there is a strong military presence (such as in
San Quintín).  Which makes it quite obvious
that it is only a pretext for an attack against the zapatistas.

Third. -  Meanwhile, in the regions of Los Altos
and the North in Chiapas, the federal government has
reactivated its paramilitary groups in order to carry
out criminal acts and thus provide the pretext for attacking
zapatistas in these areas.

Fourth. -  In recent days, in the municipalities
of Chenalhó and Chalchihuitán, paramilitary groups
caused two acts of violence and crime:
On May 7 2 persons lost their lives and others
were wounded in an ambush. And, in the days
following, another violent incident between PRIs from
Chenalhó and Chalchihuitán, due to a problem
over adjacency between 2 municipalities, which
has never been resolved by any government.

Fifth. -  In an irresponsible and criminal act, the
government of Chiapas is blaming our zapatista
support bases for these 2 incidents.  For that
reason hundreds of Federal Army troops, State
Public Security police, Federal and State Judicial police,
and most certainly paramilitaries wearing military uniforms,
are positioned a short distance away from Polhó
Center, ready to attack, at any moment, the
population of Polhó, the seat of the Autonomous
Municipality of Polhó, and where there are thousands of
children, women, old ones, ill and malnourished,
all displaced by war.  To these accusations, we
respond:  the EZLN does not harbor nor protect
criminals, the Mexican government does (some
of them are governors and Secretaries of State).
Polhó is not Los Piños.

Sixth. -  Those truly responsible for the illegality,
crime and destabilization in Chiapas should be
sought in the government palace of Chiapas, in Los Piños,
in the Sedena and in the Federal Preventive Police,
who are desperately seeking the means to reinitiate
the fighting in Chiapas, in order, in that way, to
rebuild the disastrous election campaign of the
Official Candidate for the presidency, Francisco Labastida Ochoa.

Seventh. -  We are calling on the national and
international community to mobilize and to stop,
once and for all, the attempts by the Ernesto
Zedillós government to use the war for electoral purposes.

Democracy.

Liberty.

Justice.

>From the Mountains of the Mexican Southeast.
By the Clandestine Revolutionary Indigenous Committee -
General Command of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation.

Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos
Comandante Moisés
Comandante David
Comandante Javier
Comandante Daniel
Comandante Gerónimo
Comandante Guillermo
Comandante Rafael

http://www.ezln.org

++++++++
AND NOW SISTERS AND BROTHERS A WORD FROM REV. BILLY:

Children welcome to the Church of Stop Shopping.
This week we are punishing that Cancer in Earth Tones, Starbucks.

In particular the two Starbucks at 47th and 9th Avenue
and on 49th between 9th and 10th Avenues are
examples of shops that aren't required to make money.
They just act as loss leaders, attacking owner-run
businesses, financed by funny money from Nasdaq.

Nothing from our neighborhood ever indicated an interest.
We will protect  The Coffee Pot and The Galaxy Café at 49th
and 47th and 9th Ave.  The owners of these two funky
and glorious community spots will be conferred "Comic Sainthood."
in our church and we hope it will help them face the strange
petit bourgeois culture of $3 lattes with faux Italian
names.  Alleluhiah!! We're declaring a "Franchise Free Zone,"
from the Blockbusters at 42nd to the Duane Reade on 50th.
Only a sin-pit of a Starbucks breaks the string of long-time
neighborhood shops...  and the Morebucksis dangerously
close to our theater at St. Clement's.

They will feel THE WRATH OF... OF... ALL YOU DIGITAL SPRITS!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH THE POWER OF
 TELEPORTATION PLEASE JOIN US AT
CHURCH OF Stop Starbucks Revival

with Reverend Billy
And the Macky Dees Gospel Choir

Written and performed by Bill Talen
Directed by Ralph Buckley
Musical Director evangray
 Concept by Sidney Lanier

May 18, 19, 20 and 21
Doors open: 7:30 PM.

Theater at St. Clement's:
423 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036
Box Office: 358 5181

+++++++++

AND JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE ALREADY
FORGOTTEN WHAT THIS EMAIL IS ABOUT!

JOIN OUR LOCAL/GOBAL VR-SITIN
ON MAY THE 18TH 2000 TILL MAY 20TH 2000
AGAINST STARBUCKS AND
FOR *FRANCHISE FREE ZONES*
ALL AROUND THE PLANET
AND IN SOLIDARITY WITH
ZAPATISTAS STRUGGLE AGAINST
NEO-LIBERALISM.

STOP THE STARBUCKS OF THE WORLD.
FROM TAKING YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

OUR  NEIGHBORHOOD IS YOUR  NEIGHBORHOOD!

VR - SIT-IN WILL START ON MAY 18TH, 2000
TILL MAY 20th, 2000

TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VR-SITIN TOOL
GO TO ON MAY 18th, 2000 AT 12PM (EST):

http://www.revbilly.com/