t byfield on 23 Nov 2000 09:32:22 -0000

<nettime> roving_reporter update

the roving_reporter is running up to 40K--too big to forward in toto
to nettime, so here are the headlines + links. for back issues, see:

      http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/jdrp.html
      http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann1.html
      http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann2.html
      http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html

the last half of the last (icann3) is listed below.

the current issue includes:

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#7
Wed Nov 22 21:54:24 EST 2000
Roving_retrospection

     corrections, acknowledgments

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#6
Tue Nov 21 22:43:44 EST 2000
On thin ice, internationally

     transcripts of two ccTLD constituency tell ICANN to mind its
     Ps and Qs, lest the world 'go nuclear' on the US

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#5
Tue Nov 21 01:31:02 EST 2000
MDR2K...just the low points

     ICANN approves a TLD without a consensus, a recused boardmember
     boardmember busts .union, execsum of the lost IANA-ccTLD meeting,
     ICANN staff accuses MAL of 'hijack,' TLD applicant slags the
     process, cohen lobbies for .zzz TLD, etc.

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#4
Mon Nov 20 22:02:46 EST 2000
NSI nabs .US

     ISI hands .US to NSI

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#3
Fri Nov 10 20:36:43 EST 2000
Replacing boardsquatters, and a UDRP analysis

     froomkin broadsheet part 2, mueller quantifies UDRP results

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#2
Fri Nov 10 20:21:34 EST 2000
Recusals and not

     conflicts-of-interest ahoy

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/#1
Fri Nov 10 20:20:33 EST 2000
The View from Germany...

     FAZ op-ed mistakes editor for psychoanalyst

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#22
Thu Nov 9 00:00:12 EST 2000
Artificial scarcity redux

     honey, i shrunk the stakeholders.

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#21
Wed Nov 8 23:50:54 EST 2000
Floridiana

     hats off to phil agre

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#20
Wed Nov 8 00:49:20 EST 2000
Election envy; Or, The Boardsquatters fight back

     intellectual property lawyer raises himself by your bootstraps

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#19
Wed Nov 8 00:47:30 EST 2000
Also sprach Cap'n Mike

     ICANN CEO: write your congressman

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#18
Mon Nov 6 01:18:12 EST 2000
Gone rovin'

     a note to our readers

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#17
Mon Nov 6 01:17:11 EST 2000
Indemnifying ICANN

     ICANN: you can't sue us--but you can pay our lawyers

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#16
Mon Nov 6 01:16:05 EST 2000
Toutonic Thunder, Part Tou: Regland sues ICANN

     ICANN VP leaps into fray, fray leaps back

http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/icann3.html#15
Fri Oct 27 16:53:04 EDT 2000
Boardsquatters: thrusts, parries, and lies

     to all our adoring fans...MWA! MWA! we love you!

cheers,

@~/ oO \~@    <http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/>
\_U__/