Bill Spornitz on 8 Mar 2001 23:11:46 -0000

<nettime> imho, another bad idea.

People who plan for the electric future must have no real lives in
the present. Either that, or they never quite got over those
fantastic images of communication devices they were exposed to in
their formative years. But somehow, they can't quite remember the
good things these devices did and can only come up with bad, stupid
and useless things. If my cellphone rang, beeped, whistled or farted
a message that there were tables available in some restaurant I
passed, I would throw it at the nearest hard surface. No - I'd
probably throw it at the restaurant.

Please, somebody give these print journalists another drink and put
them to bed...  ;->

ps - is there anybody out there for whom these *services* would be useful?