the_butcher_of_nettime on Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:15:38 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> shortcut digest [joly, brace, recktenwald x2, d@nupi]

Richard Joly <rjoly@CAM.ORG>
   Re: <nettime> Naomi Klein on Italian 'Centri Sociali'... (fwd)
{ brad brace } <bbrace@eskimo.com>
   Re: Today, *attention* is the real currency of businesses and, individuals.
Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
   Re: <nettime> Naomi Klein on Italian 'Centri Sociali'... (fwd)
Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
   Re: <nettime> Net blackout marks Web's Achilles heel
d@nupi.de
   unfu.com

Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:40:55 -0400
From: Richard Joly <rjoly@CAM.ORG>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Naomi Klein on Italian 'Centri Sociali'... (fwd)

>Message: This article by columnist Naomi Klein (author of No Logo) was in
>this morning's Globe and Mail in the Toronto edition. It is probably of
>interest to Inura members.
>(and now also to nettime readers...)

Also new on the web, coinciding with the release of the French translation,
 is a  27mn in Realvidéo  video of naomi klein in conference in France last
week;  in French and  English.

http://france.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=2687

Richard Joly

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: { brad brace } <bbrace@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: Today, *attention* is the real currency of businesses and, individuals.

Should you believe that print media are obsolete (300,000
books are published annually world-wide), consider the more
than 2 billion Web pages in the world, a large chunk of
which can't even be found with the best search engines. The
amount of Internet traffic doubles every hundred days.

To control attention means to control experience, and
therefore the quality of life. Information reaches
consciousness only when we attend to it. Attention acts a
filter between outside events and our experience with them.
How much stress we experience depends more on how well we
control attention, than on what happens to us.

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project                >>>> since 1994 <<<<

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/b/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric          ftp://ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace
+ + +     continuous       ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace

      News://alt.binaries.pictures.12hr ://a.b.p.fine-art.misc
  Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
                   http://www.eskimo.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
           Mirror: http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/

 { brad brace }   <<<< bbrace@eskimo.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

Note: all "Teleport" addresses (web/ftp/email) are being eliminated:
no thanks to Earthlink scum. Please choose from listed alternates.