josh zeidner on Sun, 15 Jul 2001 07:25:59 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Anarchism, Kropotkin, Darwin, McLuhan, the Internet

  There is countless relation between the ideas of anarchy as proposed by
Kropotkin and the original ideas behind the internet.  The early theorists
behind the internet, those who believed it could be used as a tool to
facilitate freedom( in thier conception of it) were mainly part of the
liberatarian left wing "hippie" culture( anarchists more in spirit than in name
).  It was this very line of thinking inherited from Kropotkin that was the
source of the early internet boom...

 -josh zeidner

> There is another link, less obvious, and I wonder if
> anyone in this list
> has been investigating it. Kropotkin also studied
> the paradigm of the
> network, combined with sustainable economies,

[ . . . ]