Dave Dave on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:31:20 +0200 (CEST)

re: <nettime> What is @XXX? [Re: Stop the G8: Online Demonstration Scheduled]

>"the ideology of 'global time' is the terror logic of the corporate world
>state. it stands for the worst aspect of globalism: the 24-hour economy,
>in which workers' rights have been abolished all together. an
>impoverished, 'flexible' free-lance labour force can be employed day and
>night, thereby disrupting biological rhythms and social time in general."
>or, to quote swatch's promotional prose: "there is a revolution taking
>place eliminating time-zones and geographical borders" -- which i'd say is
>corporate propaganda as cynical as it can get.

the computer you use was made by a corporation, and i'll bet the phone you
use runs over corporate lines.  Does that mean the phone and the computer
are a bad idea?

Don't let your rhetoric get in the way of logic.  ("the 24-hour economy,
in which workers' rights have been abolished all together" --- rhetoric
alert!)

If using swatch internet time helps coordinate the protestors --- if it's
better than using "normal" time --- why not?  If it's because it's
"corporate", I demand you become a luddite now.

dave

PS don't let my rhetoric get in the way of the idea. I forgot the emoticon
for "dripping with sarcasm"