Heath Row on Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:03:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> RE: What is @XXX?

Cory Doctorow is currently writing a science-fiction novel that features a
great take on time -- and how time zones might increasingly separate people
in various working classes. "Eastern Standard Tribe" -- to be published by
Tor, I believe -- contends at some level that who we are and what we do
might eventually be determined, if not heavily influenced, by what time
zones we live and work in. And that time might become another class divider.

As a staffer for Fast Company, once one of the biggest boosters of the new
economy and globalism, I've had the opportunity to meet several people who
are thinking pretty seriously about time and how it works. Some citations:

A (Really) Brief History of Time
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/35/greenwich.html

Swatch This
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/34/flash1.html

Do You Know What Time It Is?
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/34/flash2.html

It's About Time
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/29/one.html

Time to Slow Down?
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/34/ifaqs.html

Heath

Heath Row | Social Capitalist | Fast Company
77 N. Washington St. | Boston, MA 02114 | USA
617.973.0358 | http://www.fastcompany.com/cof

Please don't print this email. Save a tree.