Gabriel Pickard on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:09:03 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Plane crashes

Just some quick thoughts that i had:

Right away, when i heard about this news, i relativated it.
"Well yes, of course it's dreadful, but we have to look, analyse the
background of it all..."

But i now believe that if we do not give in to that, the divide will
become even stronger.
Ever since Genoa, i have had the feeling that fear is there 'again'. Or
something like that. I feel some conection to Genoa.

We are now in the queer situation - how to react to the crushing and
humiliating of entities that we deeply are opposed to.

Mourn thyne enemies death?

But they are not dead! certainly not. And that is why we _must_ forward
peace with all the might we have.
We do not have enemies!
We don't want enemies.

Otherwise (or even if we do our best):
"cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about
the world seeking the ruin of souls" -- a "catholic prayer" - "Special
Prayer - Attac on the US"

I want no _such_ prayers!

This "crash" will have many consequences. Yet, in a way, it will roll
over the people like a breaker. And then seep in to build a picture. Let
us help make this picture point to a better future.

Mourning, GAbriel
--

                   °  °