cary peppermint on Tue, 18 Sep 2001 04:28:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> a callout

This is a link to a project that I WAS working on with assistance of Alan
Sondheim and another PREVIOUS to the events of last Tuesday.  It was to be
a network gesture/an American apology of sorts.  The context for this
project has understandably changed and now I think it is important to
utilize the structure for this (which has already been designed and
implemented) in issuing forth another message... A letter that "questions
patriotism, and fights anti-Arabism and calls to jingoism - and does this
openly."  A letter that calls for cooler heads and peaceful resolutions.
Something that denounces the use of American arrogance and obstinate
force.

This is a call for help.  I am open to all suggestions and need people to
help organize a list of important global email addresses for this gesture
to work.  Additionally, I am working on several design templates that will
open up the front end of restlessculture.net as a sort of clearing house
for information that serves that which I have so clumsily and hastily
stated above.  Any volunteers to help organize and post and that
information please let me know.  Anyone with CGI experience would be
helpful at this time as well.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS LINK IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AND WAS NEVER "OFFICIALLY"
RELEASED.  I POINT YOU TOWARD THIS LINK AS A POINT OF DEPARTURE FOR OUR
COLLECTIVE EFFORTS IN THIS TIME OF CRISIS.  PLEASE DO NOT CIRCULATE IT AS
YET EXCEPT AS A "MOCK-UP" OR ROUGH DRAFT TEMPLATE TOWARD A REVISED,
UPDATED AND MORE TIMELY GESTURE.  http://www.restlessculture.net/apology

Yours,
Cary