Ian White on Wed, 3 Oct 2001 00:14:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [London: Lux Centre ceases operation indefinitely]

Dear All,

As of 10am this morning - Tuesday 2nd October - the Lux Centre has ceased to
be operational with immediate effect and until further notice.

We received instruction to vacate the building during a meeting with the
Board of Directors this morning.

I can be contacted on:

curatorluxcinema@hotmail.com

and will issue more information as I have it.

All programmes due to run in the cinema from today onwards have been
cancelled and I personally will make every attempt to find alternative
venues for them where possible.

My deepest apologies for the brevity of this mail and for the sincerest
thanks to everyone who has contributed to the cinema, for which words are
not enough.

I'll be writing more fully to everyone hopefully tomorrow, Wednesday 3rd
October.

Ian White