nettime's filosofer on Sat, 2 Mar 2002 03:50:57 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> That Zizek interview [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Zizek interview
     "porculus" <porculus@wanadoo.fr>

   That Lovable Zizek Guy
     Bruce Sterling <bruces@well.com>

   Re: <nettime> Zizek interview
     Doug Henwood <dhenwood@panix.com>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:13:44 +0100
From: "porculus" <porculus@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Zizek interview

 > It functions as an ersatz enemy.
> You can still claim your stock market gains, but you can say, "I'm
> against tobacco companies." Now I should make it clear that I don't
> smoke. And I don't like tobacco companies. But this obsession with
> the danger of smoking isn't as simple as it might appear.

bah i heard montesquieu and even diderot had some interest in 'ebony wood',
zis just to say such contradicitions are az older as capitalism at least,
diderot was a nice & quick mind, a jewelery among glittering witty human
corporation yet

> Zizek: I'm tempted to say, "The Leninist part." I am a fighting
> atheist. My leanings are almost Maoist ones.

so kneel down sinner az i am all dayz and night

> Churches should be
> turned into grain silos or palaces of culture. What Christianity did,
> in a religiously mystified version, is give us the idea of rebirth.

er hombre christianity take it, steal it, imite it, all zuch verb could fit,
to pagan & so much it could be a fetichism..but we are less & less fetichist
lately, it'z kind of infantil perversion to dress up ones dark object of
desir, zpezialy the stinking dead, notice it..hope you notice it lately
it is see az bad taste

> For an example, let's take Judith Butler, and her thesis that our
> sexual identity isn't part of our nature but is socially constructed.
> Such a statement, such a feminist position, could only occur against
> a background of a Christian space.

er itz a kind shorty, it's as to say charia don't exist befor mahomet, or
infibulation or..er is it usefull to make a research of 'paternity suit' in
all turpitude ? archeologie of back world is over, look around, no more
montain, just morn fields

> in South Africa, the ANC always appealed to universal Enlightenment
> values, and it was Buthelezi, the regime's black supporter in the pay
> of the CIA, who appealed to special African values.

humm i must admit itz a nice narrative proof by contradiction.

> It's not enough for gays
> to say, "we want our story to be heard." No, the gay narrative must
> contain a universal dimension, in the sense that their implicit claim

but hombre er..'the gay narrative'-contain- an universal dimension
and not cause 'it must' but cause rather it's simply obvious, and for some
times, anyway our west culture could easily testify of that..er specially if
you chose an opus dei guide for visiting the vatican museum these late
days, these ones you know when balaguer is holly, these dont go
without saying er without 'narrative' as you would say..hell dont think i
jeer at your public kantian declaration of faith with community hybrid, why
not, but hope there is a place for narrative of not only bad intention and
desire to harm az this guy chomsky seems  to want to let its chances, but
also a kind of middle class sandwich-football-donutz narrative, well, mine &
who dare to pretend it is so related in so minute detail