Ricardo Bello on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:50:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Chavez is out

	Chavez is out, he was surrounded by the army and will now stand trial for
his corrupt and criminal behavior. Receiving hundred of thousands of
peaceful people with snipers and guns finally made everyone see him as he
really was.
	Several Cuban planes left the International Airport at the first hours of
the morning. The most violent leaders of chavismo have not yet been
captured, but the head of the transitional junta, a respected business man,
has told the press that he will rule according to the law: no executions
nor vengeance,. New elections will be held, presumably, next December.
	We have recover our country! It was the first time in many decades that we
saw thousand of young men choosing exile, we almost began to see ourselves
like a new generation of Cubans, living in Miami, Ąthanks God no!, not for
Miami or Cubans I mean, but the lives of the exiles.
	Shops and stores are open again, the national strike is over. The
Financial Times report

http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT32ZRBZWZC&live=true&tagid=IXLYK5HZ8CC

is not entirely correct. The march was larger than half a million, the
biggest peaceful march on our history. My three sister were there (the most
apolitical of all), everyone try to go, spontaneously. And it seems there
are between thirty or forty dead and hundreds of wounded, it was a massacre
and the snipers were trained, as everyone knew, in Cuba. This was a radical
government, attack on private enterprise was a main policy and control of
the press one of his obsessions. The main damage, however, was to install
class struggle and hate as a mean to dissolve Venezuelan society. Maybe the
parallel seem a little wild, but I was reading last week John F. Avedon´s
book In Exile from the Land of Snows, and what the Chinese did to destroy
Tibetan society and values were the same. The use of hate as destroyer. The
Cold War, Chavez thought, was still running.