nettime's help desk on Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:53:28 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Assist me, please [4x]

Table of Contents:

   Nettime in Japan/SKorea?
     "Steven Clift" <slc@publicus.net>

   Re: <nettime> jya on mil disnfo
     "Katerina" <knd@hol.gr>

   cyber psychology research - need your help
     Helene Rendtel <helene_rendtel@yahoo.com>

   Marketing
     "Patrick Sullivan" <patrick@nameboy.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:21:34 -0500
From: "Steven Clift" <slc@publicus.net>
Subject: Nettime in Japan/SKorea?

Does anyone know of a nettime-like e-list in Japan or S. Korea?

Thanks,
Steven Clift
reply to: clift@publicus.net

P.S. I am heading that way ...

E-Democracy and Japan

On Wednesday, May 22, 2002 I will be speaking at a
symposium on e-democracy in Tokyo, Japan. This will be my
first visit to Japan. This message is a short introduction
to my work and a request for advice and contacts. Please
forward this message to those you think will be interested.

** To connect with me and others interested in e-democracy
** in Japan, send an e-mail to:
**              do-japan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
** For e-democracy news, visit: http://e-democracy.org/do

What is e-democracy?

A simple definition of e-democracy is the use of the
Internet in governance, politics, elections, media and
community.  I have spoken on this topic hundreds of times
across twenty countries.  I look forward to learning about
e-democracy trends in Japan and comparing notes.

To learn more, read my "Future of E-Democracy," "E-
Democracy E-Book," and other articles on my web site
<http://www.publicus.net>.  My Democracies Online Newswire
e-mail announcement list connects 2400 people around the
world interested in this topic.  Join this important e-mail
list and read past messages at
<http://www.e-democracy.org/do>.  To auto-translate my
materials try <http://world.altavista.com/>.

A request for advice.

In the days following the symposium I plan to meet people
involved with e-democracy-related projects in media,
politics, community and government.  Please e-mail
suggested names and contact information to me
<clift@publicus.net>.  In particular, I would like to meet
the staff who work on Prime Minister Koizumi's e-mail
newsletter <http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/m-magazine/>, those
involved with wireless political content on iMode, and
citizens involved with very local uses of the Internet for
local community involvement and discussions.

Meeting and learning.

In major cities around the world I have organized small
informal public gatherings where people interested in e-
democracy can meet one another.  We will meet online first
and organize the details.  Join my e-mail list for contacts
in Japan by sending an e-mail to
<do-japan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>.

I am also considering organizing a special half-day
workshop for a limited number of participants on Friday,
May 24 or Saturday, May 25. Depending upon potential
sponsors and costs, there will likely be a fee to
participate. Send me an e-mail if you would like more
information on attending or sponsoring this event
<clift@publicus.net>.

Thank you,

Steven Clift

P.S. You can read my full biography at
<http://www.publicus.net>. The short version is that I
helped create the world's first election-oriented web site
in 1994 called Minnesota E-Democracy, coordinated e-
government for the State of Minnesota 1994-97, served as Co-
Editor of the G8 Democracy and Government Online Service
Publication, and I was a co-founder of Web White & Blue, a
project of the Markle Foundation which organized an online
presidential campaign debate in 2000.  Today, I am a global
e-democracy expert, speaker and consultant. I continue to
volunteer with Minnesota E-Democracy
<http://www.e-democracy.org> which is recognized as a
leading host of online citizens discussions that matter in
real politics and community.

Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: clift@publicus.net
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

- ------- End of forwarded message -------
- ------- End of forwarded message -------

- ------- End of forwarded message -------