pankalia on Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:05:27 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> question: GPL or OPL?

Hi everybody,

I've got a couple of questions...

about publishing texts on the web:

does anybody knows the difference between GPL and OPL?.

Applied to texts do we need to use OPL instead of GPL or it doesn't matter
at all because it's the same?

And if we use the "C" and the "copyleft" statement it means we use the
GPL?

And why do we need a OPL if we have the GPL that could be applied to
everything?

I'm a bit confused...

Well thanks for your help!!

p.