Paul Brown on Wed, 1 Jan 2003 14:34:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Religious Sect Announces First Cloned Baby

The following post was sent to the Genetic Programming list on
28/12/2002:

>Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 06:51:43 -0000
>Subject: [GP] EUGENICS
>
>The following is from http://eugenics.home.att.net/
>
>Humans are very much like our primate ancestors. Unfortunately, with
>our larger intelligent brains, we have acquired the ability to
>foresee our deaths as soon as we are able to understand life, at a
>very young age. With this horror, we have instead of facing life
>with knowledge that we have a brief time to live -- a time to be
>made the most of -- we have turned back to our primitive instincts
>and succumbed to religion, false beliefs, and submission to
>dominance by others.
>
>The answer to this dilemma during most of this century, has been to
>try and change human culture, assuming it is infinitely malleable,
>leading to the agony of communism and the short comings of
>egalitarian democracies. And in the rest of the world, despotism
>reigns under numerous doctrines, with little hope for the people
>subjected to the state's propaganda. This web page is dedicated to
>putting forth the view that to change the human condition we must
>change the innate nature of humans, that is, we must encourage the
>breeding of people with a higher intellect, people better able to
>understand what motivates them and who can eventually revolt against
>the subjugation by the state or the controlling elite.
>
>It is my contention that this can be done by focusing on innate
>human traits we want to promote through a better understanding of
>behavior genetics. But to promote eugenics as a secular religion, it
>becomes necessary to begin with a political agenda to bring it
>about. Much of what I advocate, in keeping with the understanding
>that evolution occurs at the genetic, individual and group levels,
>has to do with advancing both individual eugenics and group
>eugenics. That is, it appears that eugenics can only be advanced in
>a world where nations are free to advance their own interests
>without interference.
>
>Anyone who is familiar with the United Nations, NATO, the European
>Economic Union, and the New World Order knows that we are on the
>brink of giving up national sovereignty for a world totalitarianism,
>where a central committee will dictate to the masses how to think
>and behave. We see this happening now in Afghanistan, where the
>United States has decided that it can attack any nation that harbors
>terrorists, of course forgetting that terrorism is how states often
>come into existance and/or change. One man's terrorist is another
>man's freedom fighter. I advocate only two viable options for
>eugenics: a return to nationalism, where competing nations will
>experiment with various social and scientific agendas to raise their
>peoples to higher levels of intelligence, followed by other traits
>the population desires to promote; and/or, to increase group
>solidarity and practice eugenics without borders. The second one has
> [...]
Paul Brown            in the UK 22 December 2002 - 7 March 2003
mailto:paul@paul-brown.com            http://www.paul-brown.com
UK mob 0794 104 8228                        fax +1 309 216 9900