nettime's_tcp_rapper on Sat, 15 Feb 2003 07:57:03 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> spam fork digest [henson, tallmo]

Hon Mr Michael Richard Henson <michael@hencam.fsnet.co.uk>
     Re: nettime-l-digest V1 #1054
Karl-Erik Tallmo <tallmo@nisus.se>
     Spam Rap

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:26:13 +0000
From: Hon Mr Michael Richard Henson <michael@hencam.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: nettime-l-digest V1 #1054

You seem to have a microcosm of the Harvard business school criticism of
executive misuse of Customer Relationship Management in commercial
contexts here, but in truth the situation depends upon the perceived
sanity of the wisdom applied - for nobody should be sharing their
personal details with those the have concerns about the sanity of,
unless wishing to convey an impression of trust for hidden motives,
which clearly is not the applicable case here.

We must be careful who we impute identity to in the equation, for in
most instances, anyone could have obtained the account details so as to
operate an account or ghost an account. The only persons identifiable in
the equation are yourselves and the the service provider of whom you
have knowledge. There is probably some privacy between the service
provider and the client, and between you and the service provider, but
privacy only arises between you and the client when setting up the
account initially. You must be very careful therefore about seeking to
achieve a regular re-setting up necessity, for the ISP could try to
shift liability. The borrowed permanent identity of public officials
clearly does not operate well as a safety net in a Human Rights
sensitive environment such as the United Kingdom. This would all be
solved readily if there was an obligation on persons to set-up corporate
entities or other similar parties in order to use the web, but this does
not currently occur in practice simply through operating a web account.
You must not attempt to estop persons into such a situation if they are
high net worth - and so as it seems to me your proposal is a
non-starter. The ISP practice concerned is not the commonplace practice,
after all, and it is not known for ISPs to ghost one another, ethically
or competitively. There should be one of the range of market options
available to customers who seek a higher liability of the ISP for
reasons of there own. Whether the morality of the situation is changed
for the unsophisticated, essentially lured into ISP control culture, and
those in other disadvantaged, should be a public concern, and not a
matter of simply internal decision. There, in the ultimate analysis, it
may turn out that the boot is on the other foot.

   You may be surprised to receive this letter.
   You may be surprised.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me.

   You may be surprised since you do not know me.
   You may be surprised.
   You may be surprised since you do not know me.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not
   know me.
   Since you do not know me personally.
   You may be surprised since you do not know me personally. I am Edward
   Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me.
   You may be surprised. I am Edward Bongo.
   Since you do not know me personally.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not
   know me personally.
   You may be surprised. I am Edward Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not
   know me personally.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter.
   This is the letter you have been hearing about on the news lately. I
   am Edward Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter. You may be surprised.

   I know this proposal will come to you as a surprise because we have
   not met before.

   This is the letter you have been hearing about on the news lately. You
   may be surprised.

   I know this proposal will come to you as a surprise because we have
   not met before. You may be surprised. Either physically or through
   correspondence.

   I am Edward Bongo the son of John Mulaga Bongo.
   You may be surprised.
   You may be surprised since you do not know me.
   This proposal will come to you as a surprise. I am Edward Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not
   know me personally.
   You may be surprised. I am Edward Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not
   know me personally.

   You may be surprised to receive this letter. Because we have not met
   before either physically or through correspondence.

   I am Edward Bongo the son of John Mulaga Bongo one of the black farmer
   in Nigeria.

   I am Fred James Mulaga, the first son of Vander Mulaga one of the
   black farmer in Nigeria.

   You may be surprised.

   I am Edward Bongo the son of John Mulaga Bongo one of the most popular
   black farmer in Nigeria.

   I am Fred James Mulaga, the first son of Vander Mulaga one of the most
   popular black farmer in Nigeria.
   You may be surprised since you do not know me.

   This is the letter you have been hearing about on the news lately. I
   am Edward Bongo.
   You may be surprised to receive this letter. You may be surprised.
   I know this proposal will come to you as a surprise because we have
   not met before either physically or through correspondence.

   You may be surprised since you do not know me.

   You may be surprised. I am Edward Bongo. I am Fred James Mulaga.

   You may be surprised since you do not know me.
   I know that you will be surprised to receive this message because we
   have not met physically nor through correspondence, but I believe that
   it is one day that you get to know someone and you people develop a
   lasting relationship.
   This is the letter you have been hearing about on the news lately.
   You may be surprised. I am Edward Bongo. One of the black farmer in
   Nigeria.
   You may be surprised.

   You may be surprised since you do not know me.

   You may be surprised that you get to know someone and you people
   develop a lasting relationship. You may be surprised. I am Edward
   Bongo.

   You may be surprised to receive this letter.

   You may be surprised. I am Fred James Mulaga.

   I am Edward Bongo. You may be surprised to receive this letter.

   You may be surprised.

   You may be surprised that you people develop a lasting relationship.

   I am Edward Bongo. You may be surprised to receive this letter.

   You may be surprised that you people develop a lasting relationship.

   I am Edward Bongo. You may be surprised that you people develop a
   lasting relationship.

   /Karl-Erik Tallmo