nettime's_alarmist on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:00:41 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> incoming! digest [valentine (x2), cantsin]

Re: <nettime> The Scuds
     "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
Re: <nettime> Iraq war debacle coming
     "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
Re: The Scuds
     Monty Cantsin <xmontyxcantsinx@yahoo.com.br>

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:56:08 -0600
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The Scuds

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 12:44:19PM +0100, David Garcia wrote:

> Propaganda we are experiencing is mostly embedded in the language and
> most of it pretty crude, allied forces are not invaders but
 <...>

I would assume that most any person analytically thinking enough to
question the news is already painfully aware of the sensational nature
of war coverage.  The only thing the networks see through the fog of war
is ratings potential.  Most of us realize that any attempt to hold
journalistic veracity in reporting the war in anything other than
skepticism is foolish and we have proceeded to analyze news under that
pretext.  Even if the news bureaus' were to issue a retraction or
correction after fact-checking this matter it would be wasted words or
airtime.  Once it's news, it's news.  The people know no different.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon@dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  valentine is leaving for the city of milan to see