eyescratch on Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:07:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> the politics of daily life - _Raising Victor Vargas_

I finally did it. I got sick of the war footages and went to Times
Square to enjoy something else. _Raising Victor Vargas_ is a film that
just opened at the AMC there and plays in Loisaida. I know the Latino
cast because they played in some of my shorts, but now Peter Sollett
has found a way to bring them to celluloid. The younger populace shines
as the struggle unfolds from buzzer to pool. Technology is used to send
signals of significance - the phone is tossed out the window in the
opening scene but people find ways to enter and exit none the less.
Privacy is practiced in public spaces because the home is a
claustrophobic enclave where cultures meet - a museum. A quarter on the
street buys trinkets which add to the assemblage. Go see it!

http://www.raisingvictorvargas.com

---
subverting + transgressing, a Gesamtkunstwerk + jamming station:
http://share.dj/eyescratch