Announcer on Mon, 19 May 2003 19:30:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> digest 05.18: the matrix: reviewed

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded
     Steve Cisler <cisler@pobox.com>

   Matrix II: Nintendo Meets Pearl Harbour
     "Andrey Zheluk" <andreyz@rcpa.edu.au>

   Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded
     eyescratch <eyescratch@share.dj>

   Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded
     "ritchie pettauer" <lists@pettauer.net>

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 06:57:54 -0700
From: Steve Cisler <cisler@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded

<this is from a mailing list on high tech>
"Despite all of the the tight security surrounding the
distribution of the film, a fairly watchable copy (1.2 GB in size) of
<Matrix Reloaded>
the film showed up Wednesday on the Darknet. * So like the new 'X-Men'
film, it will be available for download on the same day that it opens
in the theaters. "

<U.S. National Public Radio had a piece on the theology of the movie: a
mix of gnosticism, buddhism, and mainstream christianity.  As one said:
gentle ideas conveyed through violence>

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1264976

<I have not seen it but my son knows I must atone for falling asleep
during the first one before seeing the sequel. Mea culpa.>

Steve

* http://crypto.stanford.edu/DRM2002/darknet5.doc
"Darknet and the future of content distribution"   Highly recommended
paper on file sharing.