cpaul on Thu, 29 May 2003 18:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nettime-bold is <bleep>

On Wed, 28 May 2003 19:17:40 +0200
the nettime mod squad <nettime@bbs.thing.net> wrote:

> As an experiment, Nettime-bold was a failure, but a revealing one. First,
> there was very little interest in it. At its best, nettime-bold had about
> 130 subscribers, which, at the time, was 5% the subscribers nettime-l had.

I think these figures serve no useful purpose.

I switched to nettime-bold but soon found replies to threads
appearing that never made it to nettime-bold in the first place.

I posed the question several years ago, and got an explanation of
why it happened that way, but we didn't get much further than that.

http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-bold-0104/msg00096.html

Sort of killed the whole point of being on the bold list for me,
so I gave up and went back to nettime-l.

I think an unmoderated version of nettime is a good idea -- I
would join it, if it worked.

I volunteered to help at the time, even met with a moderator to
discuss what we could do, but there seemed to be a major
resistance going on at the t op.

- cpaul