auskadi on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:38:48 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Linux strikes back...

For the non paralysed another way of  pursuing this may e for linux
users to claim that the copyright in linux is held by the authors as
trustees for the general linux community. That way non linux authors who
are linux users could also threaten and or commence legal actions
seeking remedies for the infringement of their equitable interest in
linux. This was an approach taken by Aboriginal artists in Australia
some years back. I recently  (excuse the self promotion) a paper on this
case and touched upon its implications for maintaining the integrity of
open source projects. If anyone is interested I am happy to post the
draft here and discuss options. But in litigation or the threat thereof:
the more the merrier when it comes to getting the other side to cave in!
Martin

. __ . wrote:

>Nice to see that not all people concerned are paralysed... let's remember
>this as a positive example for the future... The GPL can be a potent
>weapon against attempts to commercialize all aspects of the net,
>especially such integral things as alternatives to commercial OS and
>programs...
 <...>