Roseira on Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:34:41 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> a proposal: nettime-ann

Dear Nettimers,

As someone who both (semi-automatically) posts announcements on nettime and
someone who reads most of the announcements - even if it is sometimes 2-4
weeks later - I'd like to see things stay as they are. Being on a list just
means having to wade through all the text, discarding some things, reading some
closely and also making discoveries. I'm afraid that if these announcements
were put on a separate list, only the truly faithful would subscribe and the
"discovery" part for announcements would be more or less over.
Being able to automatically post on this list is just trying to reach an
interested group of people with the highest efficiency. Having to put a
personalized message on the announcements in order to get them through would
make the already rather time-consuming process of sending invitations and
press info even more difficult for all those organizing understaffed media
events. And aren't they almost all understaffed?

If the moderators can't do this anymore: I understand. They certainly put a
large amount of work into this list. But if it is possible to keep it going,
please do.

Warm Regards
Rosanne Altstatt
Edith-Ruß-Haus für Medienkunst