N Jett on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:58:24 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Aveda - Trademark on "Indigenous"

I am not a lawyer (IANAL), not yet anyways - but from my somewhat informed
view this could easily go either way in a US court, it really depends on
what they do with it.  Personally, I think it could easily be called a
"generic" term, something that can't be covered by a trademark. Politically
they will get torn up over it. If anyone is interested in challenging
Aveda's trademark on "indigenous" here is the relevant law which explains
the why and how trademarks can be revoked in the US:

-jett (http://gogobot.blogspot.com)

 <...>