Alan Sondheim on Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:40:16 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> After Auschwitz

   After Auschwitz

   0.109299 19k one might speculate that art may be the most
   powerful device to create some understanding, despite Adornos
   warning of No lyric poetry after
   Auschwitz.. true
   /Reviews/reviews.html 35k death camps with the efficiency
   of a factory. No wonder Adorno said that to write
   lyric poetry after Auschwitz was itself
   15k (She has read a later quote by him: I have
   no wish to soften the saying that to write lyric
   poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric ...
   read a later quote by him: I have no wish to soften
   the saying that to write lyric poetry after
   Auschwitz is barbaric true
   with the efficiency of a factory. No wonder Adorno said
   that to write lyric poetry after Auschwitz
   was itself barbaric. true
   Culler, Ch. 5. 09/19 No class. Translation
   assignment due. Week 6 Lyric Poetry 10/01 Extrinsic
   criticism. Adorno essay on lyric after
   Auschwitz. true
   Adorno wrote that âThere can be no lyric poetry
   after Auschwitz,â and, similarly, there can be
   no serious artwork depicting industry in a utopian ...
   of trying to tell the truth is almost too much: an echo of
   Theodor Adornos argument that there could be, and should be,
   no lyric poetry after Auschwitz.
   worth linking his assessment with a later amendment, where
   he wrote, I have no wish to soften the saying that to
   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
   barbaric true
   worth linking his assessment with a later amendment, where
   he wrote, I have no wish to soften the saying that to
   write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is
   barbaric true
   no lyric poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ looply.pl "no
   poetry after Auschwitz" /usr/local/bin/ksh: looply.pl: not found $
   false 9720 0.12431 12k Ever since Theodor Adorno argued
   that writing poetry after Auschwitz is
   barbaric, all kinds of paradise lost
   narrative of the 20 th century, with no hint of true
   AM Kleins mock-epic poem, The Hitleriad (1944),
   contravenes Theodor Adornos famous injunction,
   No poetry after Auschwitz. 1
   It lacks the necessary true
   stop writing altogether, but recognizing that poetry
   before and after Auschwitz were separated ...
   Adorno harbored no illusions that philosophy or culture
   Go to: An Audible Anthology Poetry Pages. After
   Auschwitz, no theology: From the chimneys of the
   Vatican, white smoke rises -- a sign the cardinals have chosen
   true
   tm 28k stop writing altogether, but recognizing that
   poetry before and after Auschwitz were
   separated Adorno harbored no illusions that
   philosophy or culture true
   Anderson. The Grey Zone Directed by Tim Blake Nelson (Lions Gate,
   opens October 18). No poetry after
   Auschwitz, Theodor Adorno proclaimed. true
   not suitable for all ears- No Poetry
   After Auschwitz. canadian danger. true
   Of course, I had to cite TW Adornos famous dictum:
   No poetry after Auschwitz.
   What could that mean? No poetry after
   Auschwitz. true
   Theodore Adorno wrote There can be no poetry
   after Auschwitz, In other words, has the
   instinct for poetry in the post-Holocaust era has been burned
   out of true
   words arranged on a page make a difference? Of &gt; course, I had to
   cite TW Adornos famous dictum: No poetry
   after Auschwitz. &gt; What could that mean?
   true
   m 10 1 false no poetry after Auschwitz at ./looply.pl line 32 $ exit
   Script done on Fri Sep 12 15:32:43 2003

   ___