Douwe Osinga on Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Visual Poetry

Hi Nettimers,

Google has become the measure of all things Internet in many ways. As
scary as this is, it allows also for some interesting translations. I came
up with this idea to let google image search translate poems into series
of images. I have created a quick implementation of this idea into a
windows executable. The program will let you enter a poem or any other
piece of text and will then show a slideshow of images found on Google.
Feel free to download, experiment and comment:
http://douweosinga.com/projects/visualpoetry

Regards,

Douwe Osinga
http://douweosinga.com