nettime's_od_2 on Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:04:20 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> wrong signals [Hardie, Bradley, porculus, murphy]

   Re: <nettime> wrong signals [Dickson, Garcia, Hagenlocher]
     Martin Hardie <auskadi@tvcabo.co.mz>

   Re: <nettime> wrong signals
     Rick Bradley <roundeye@roundeye.net>

   knock knock it'z zexpolizei
     "porculus" <porculus@wanadoo.fr>

   Re: <nettime> wrong signals
     murphy <murphy@thing.net>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:09:34 +0200
From: Martin Hardie <auskadi@tvcabo.co.mz>
Subject: Re: <nettime> wrong signals [Dickson, Garcia, Hagenlocher]

On Monday 15 December 2003 18:49, you wrote:
> Ian Dickson wrote
>
> > The pictures I saw (on the BBC) of cheering crowds in Iraq seemed to
> > indicate that lots of people in Iraq, those who know SH best, are quite
> > pleased with the turn of events.

Yes like the close up pictures of the that greeted the destruction of Saddam's
statue of liberation day I am sure that the TV picures are extremely accurate
(irony or sarcasm Dicko unless you miss it)

remeber the long shots showed only a few actually there and virtually
outnumber by their liberators

I think the Garcia guy has(d) a point and Curt is right who cares thier worth
is in "winning" an  "election" at home or rather their contribution to the
spectacle

- --

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.