nettime's helpers on Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:48:07 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> I'm writing this paper [2x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Im writing this paper and need your help
     spornitz@mts.net

   Re: <nettime> p2p paper help / open nfo archives vol. 2
     noci <nochi@gmx.net>

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:09:07 -0600 (CST)
From: spornitz@mts.net
Subject: Re: <nettime> Im writing this paper and need your help

Comments interjected.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:28:37 +0100
>From: ". __ ." <mail_box@gmx.net>
>Subject: p2p ideas...
>

>Hey all,

Hey.

>a little Brainstorming from all of you would be great... just doing a
>paper for university...

You've come to the right place: Brainstorms are Us.

>- - Statements to actual p2p developments (more than 4 letter words : )

I'm sorry; I don't know what this means. The actual developments?

>- - Interesting links Links, Innovations (eg TunA from the Europe Media
Lab, Stream-Intercepts) ...

Interesting innovation: a phone that would visually display the contents of
the number-based menu structure being dictated to you so you could find
your way around. Phone's are <i>extremely</i> p2p, after all.

>- - Strategies against the music industry

Play professionally for a couple years.

>- - p2p as social and democratic phenomenon ?

Going for coffee.

>- - Is lobbying against the music industry possible ?

I don't know what this means. Can millions of people stop buying CD's from
major labels and their subsidiaries? That might get their attention.

>- - Do you think it possible to organize users ?

As a software developer, no. Never.

>- - Now that they crushed centralized structures, do you think the music
industry has lost?

They've only just started.

>- - How to protect the new decentralized p2p nets (zB
Encryption,Anonymizer-Blackboxes?! ...)

Be brave!

>- - Will Universities back their students or not...

The students are the one's paying; they are the customer. They should
exercise their rights.

>- - Alternative ways for the music industry to make money without
>criminalizing their users (eg iTunes and iPod)

Selling Crack Cocaine.

>... and everything else that might come to your mind...

Well, now that you asked, I did wonder how many Howard Dean meetups were
happening (on Jan 7) _outside_ the United States (I know there's one here
in Winnipeg) .....

>Thx and Cheers,

No problem.

- -b