Biotic Baking Brigade on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:09:46 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Biotech Baking Brigade Pies Bayer Biotechnician

On 21st January Paul Rylott - top GM scientist at Bayer Cropscience
delivered a stirring speech on how to manage consumer response to
biotechnology, at a conference on Managing and Predicting Crisis in the
Food Industry. As he took his place in the queue for his buffet dinner a
polite call of "Mr Rylott?" brought him face to face with a chocolate
fudge cake (skipped and stale) covered with the sweaty rotting whipped
cream and the shout "That's for GM!" before the assaulting party fled.

Some leaflets were given out to the surprised and immobilized crowd and
all those protesting left before the cops arrived.

This is part of a national UK campaign against Bayer and against GM
commercialization. Actions taken place have included junk mailing,
sabotage including lock glueing, spraypainting, window breaking, golf
courses destroyed , office occupations, noise demonstrations and
trespasses.

The biotech baking brigade stated: "GM Technology is the latest onslaught
of a bland and tedious industrial technological society against the
planet. We are against monoculture and for biodiversity, against the
domestication of people and land, and for the wild. There is no neutral
ground: everyone is called upon to choose their side. Whenever They strike
- be they government, corporations or greenwash quangos - we will strike
back. They have declared war on us and our planet: we will answer it."

@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth,
That I am meek and gentle with these butchersŠ.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the pies of war."

-William Shakespeare

The Biotic Baking Brigade.....coming soon to a pie-o-region near you.

Look for "Pie Any Means Necessary: The BBB Cookbook," to be published by
AK Press <akpress.org > in April 2004.

PLEASE NOTE: the BBB has a new email address and website...

bbb@bioticbakingbrigade.org
www.bioticbakingbrigade.org

Friends of the BBB: c/o POB 40130, San Francisco, CA 94140, Amerika