Shaun Rolph on Sat, 6 Mar 2004 21:53:19 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> [the golden ars]

' "Digital Communities" will spotlight bold and inspired innovations
impacting human coexistence, bridging the digital divide regarding
gender as well as geography, or creating outstanding social software
and enhancing accessibility of technological-social infrastructure. '

That's a sentence there, that is.

'This new category will showcase the political potential of digital
and networked systems and is thus designed as a forum for a broad
spectrum of projects, programs, initiatives and phenomenain which
social innovation is taking place, as itwere, in real time.'

And there's another one.

Go for it, fellas. I hope nettime wins. But let's not kid ourselves
that it's worth anything other than the ten grand.

Oh, and if you think the award won't be personalised, then what about
this :

"Please indicate the name of the submitter and the title  of the
project in the mail!
     - submitter: information about the person submitting the entry
     - biography
     - 1 portrait of the author as a file on CD in the following
       formats: tif, eps, jpg (jpg, eps only at maximum quality),
       300 dpi (in sizes ranging up to 7x10 cm). Please also
       include hardcopies! "

Sorry if I seem unrelentingly negative. I'd be happy to see overt
recognition of the mod squad's dedication  But to be dragged down to
the Linz-level ...