Aliette Guibert on Tue, 11 May 2004 11:36:31 +0200 (CEST)

So much...Re: <nettime> Torture as pornography

I am afraid that after the sadism without return of masochism born by the
victims, without counting those who died from it, the height of the sadism
raises such speeches serial... But it stays in all this that I do not see
the willing partners. So I wonder if the obscenity set apart (photos and
communication -although photos filled several functions) any set apart
current tendency, we would not be simply in the case of enjoyment which the
Nazi executioners were able themselves to feel in camps. Let us call a spade
a spade...

Also in favour of this hypothesis but in more precise, remember who were
"musulmans" for SS part...
Quote:

"If one report to the book of Myriam Anissimov, " Primo Levi or the Tragedy
of an optimist " (French edition), we can find several points to be
developed (p 280, 287): the true Moslems as explained by Levi would be the "
castaways ", those who were not able to be survivors. The Moslems are those
who often sank first year. As a matter of fact, " Moslem " indicated so by
SS and resumed so by the concentration camp that indicated a prisoner victim
of total undernutrition and resigned to die. Of weight and are emaciated.
They arrived at the end of their forces and symbolize the exhausted, lost
man, who does not seem any more present than by the body. They do not have
physical or psychological resources anymore. We do not know any more if they
are still alive or already dead. However, this name is appropriate for some
camps only. For example, in Ravensbrück, it did not exist. This " Moslem's "
notion, the last degree of the exhaustion, shows besides how much there was
a language appropriate for camps."

In French : Explaining on Primo Levi at school
http://www.ac-reunion.fr/pedagogie/lettres/TL/PL_FAQ/Levi_FAQ.htm

So which matter worries me seriously, it is that everything seems a
conscious or unconscious but rather real project from the part of the
military command to realize the nazi concept to true msulmans in
real-time... what shocks me most in all this, it is simply the racism
connected to the notion of superiority of the conqueror (at least material,
and strengthened by a representation of the condition American as the summit
of the civilization - as a native race or education).

I say this, wondering why Rumsfeld could answer "yes, and much more but you
do not know what..." But now, I think of a real project where sadism is the
game to convince guys to play being a tendence, only a resource, in this
strategical militar objective : apply inreal time the concept of musulman
from the camps to Iraqi resistance.

And at last when we shall awake after all...
A.