FAITHWILDING on Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:07:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> toward a global view of civil rights and academic freedom

dear Nettimers:
<< TO DEFENDING CIVIL RIGHTS AND EVEN INSTITUTE

A PERMANENT MECHANISMS FOR MONITORING AND RESPONDING

TO THE EXCESSES OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST ALL

CULTURAL INTERVENTIONISTS, >>

It is indeed extremely important that we all get involved as much as we can
in such campaigns. You can find a long list of such cases documented on the
www.caedefensefund.org website. Many of us involved in that fighting that case
are also involved in supporting other cases, writing about them, speaking about
them, demonstrating and collecting money. As many of us have said many times,
It could have been any of us, and we must stand up for the rights of all to
speak and move freely. I know there are many cultural activists of all kinds
who will converge on New York and Boston and who are planning supportive
actions.
in solidarity, faith wilding