bifo on Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:43:27 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> kerryforpresident.it

please stop this war

We European citizens (Italians, Germans and Britons) want to talk to all
American citizens. On 2 November 2004 you will face a choice between two
candidates and two parties, but more than that. You have a chance to take
a giant stride forward for the good of all humanity. You can choose
between the future and the past, between reason and ignorance between true
compassion and mere ideology. This is your moment you must not falter.
We love your country; we love the American people and the American
culture. We share your values: freedom, democracy, equal rights for all
human beings. We fear that our world, a world that we all share together,
is in danger.  9/11 has shown us that a group of criminals is determined
to destroy democracy, but what has followed, the so called War on Terror,
has enormously worsened the situation, rather than improving it. As the
entire world knows the truth is that the so called War on Terror is a war
for oil against innocent people. In Iraq, the US bombings have killed
thousands of civilians, including women and children. The terrorists have
not been destroyed by the War on Terror launched by President Bush.  On
the contrary, the Army of Terror is growing and growing and growing. For
example when the horrifying images of U.S. soldiers torturing Iraqi
prisoners taken in Abu Ghraib prison circulated in the press, many people
in Europe were shocked and disgusted. And what has happened in the minds
of millions of young Muslim persons is that their humiliation and their
hatred has become fuel for another twenty years of growing violence.

Please stop this war. Only you can do it.  President Bush is a
professional liar. He lied when he said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of
mass destruction. Saddam Hussein was a creepy dictator (once upon a time
supported by American money), but he did not pose any threat to the
American people. Bush lied again when he said that his mission was
accomplished. Thousand of Americans have died since then.  And President
Bush is impudently lying when he says that the world is a safer place.
This is absolutely false. The world is a hundred times more unsafe as
shows what' s happened in Spain, Russia, Turkey... Please stop this war.
Only you can do it.  The army of terrorists is ten times bigger than it
was two years ago, and the candidates to explosive suicide are thousands,
and will soon be millions. Every day western people are killed, kidnapped,
aggressed. And this is the unavoidable consequence of the daily slaughter
of civilians provoked by US bombs, for a war not against Terror but for
the Iraqi Oil. Please stop this war. Only you can do it. This war is going
to cost more than Vietnam did, for the West, and for the American people.
Vietnam was a limited problem. Once defeated, the Americans could go back
home, and were left in peace.  This time it's going to be much worse.  If
the Americans do not go away now, the plague will expand everywhere,
becoming a global civil war. And the terror will swallow our future, our
children and our lives. Please stop this war. Only you can do it. Please
don't vote for George W. Bush

<http://www.kerryforpresident.it/index.html>http://www.kerryforpresident.it/index.html