Robbins @ Jetztzeit on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:42:17 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> introducing meta-daria, an autonomous discourse

>I'm jumping into the fray a bit late ,,, and to be honest, I'm
>uncertain as to the actual intent of this site... pretext ...
>pretense ... exhibitionism .... mirror image ... double monsterism
>... its simply unclear as it has been presented to this list.

However, Vanalynes' point is well taken and harkens back also to the
underpinnings of a  "street action" take by the grrrls scouts at
Macworld in  San Francisco in 1996 ( and who said that these days
were "soooo over"?!)   I've take the liberty of attaching an
image/documentation of one of the street posters which speaks for
itself .  Actually ( between the rips )  the poster posits the
question:

"  What are the two ways for a women to get onto the internet?"

Answer:
1.  Be naked;
2.  Be a man.

Seems as if  Daria went into rewind in a time machine and aced this one .

Chris

>Re: <nettime> Introducing Daria: An autonomous software artist
>     Vanalyne Green <v.carrollgreen@gmail.com>
>     brian lee dae yung <brian@muxspace.com>
>     Vanalyne Green <v.carrollgreen@gmail.com>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:24:21 +0000
>From: Vanalyne Green <v.carrollgreen@gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: <nettime> Introducing Daria: An autonomous software artist
>
>Jumping into the fray
>
>The old formula:  how you know when you're looking at art:  there's a
>nude woman's body.  And how do you know it's good:  It's done by a
>white man.
 <...>

--
Christiane Robbins