marc lafia on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 04:23:15 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Listening to Pictures

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a new project called 'Permutations' where on a
daily basis I make a number of short films. What I've become interested
in is the sound to image relation and the idea of listening to pictures.
At the end of day, on a daily basis, I make 1 or ore films from the days
materials. I am showing a series of these spatial films on the video
wall at Sara Meltzer Gallery in NYC beginning Thurs April 7  for 6
weeks along with painter Moyna Flanigan. If you are in NYC during this
time, please go see the work and feel free to post me about connecting.

Marc Lafia
www.marclafia.com/dev/
_________

Sara Meltzer Gallery
516 W. 20th St.
Opening reception: April 7th, 6-8pm

Video Wall: Sara Meltzer Gallery is proud to present selected works from
Marc Lafia's Permutations Series. With the computational platform as his
lab and mixing board, Marc Lafia explores the shapes, rhythms, and
architectures of the image. Engaging the image in its diversity of
forms -film, video, photography, intensive field recordings of the
everyday =AD Lafia explores the possibilities of the image, tending at
once to their affects and their effects. Lafia has exhibited at
international venues such as ZKM, Centre Georges Pompidou, The Walker
Art Center, and the ICC, Tokyo.