Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 21 May 2005 21:21:11 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> neonazis go spam

Well,

On Sat, 21 May 2005, florian schneider wrote:

> from: susanne lang <slang@kein.org>
> published at: http://idash.org/
>
> NEONAZIS GO SPAM
>
> Since the weekend May 14th/15th, many internet users had to notice their
> inboxes were flooded with some rather unusual spam, carrying neofascist
> propaganda. Most of these spam mails are containing one or several links
> to web sites of the NPD, Germany's major radical right wing party, even
> though some mails also link to articles by the mainstream press, such as
> Der Spiegel, FAZ or Heise Online. The headers of the spam mails are

I read two articles, one of Berliner Zeitung and one of Ulrike Meinhoff
of Bambule etc fame on Dresden. The article in the Berliner Zeitung was on
the old dispute between Berlin and Tel Aviv on where the russian jews
should go to. I dont know what this had to do with any neofaschist
propaganda. If the russian jews want to go to Berlin, let them go....

The article on Dresden was very 60s like. A lot of horrors common
today were missing and the problems described look rather luxurious.
And horrors of past times, the pest etc. Anyway, all the article and the
link produced was confusion. What did the author of the link wanted to
say?

So I dont think there is much neonazi thinking behind.

On the other hand some politisation does not harm. More of such spam,
right, left, it doesnt matter, everything is better than penis
dimensions.

What surprised was that the usual blocking software was more or less
useless. Maybe messages, that dont contain certain magic words (like
Chi+lis etc) do get through.

H.