david garcia on Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:46:02 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Mohammed Mongrel

The Oog platform in which the on-line version of the Dutch national newspaper
Volkskrant has been a platform for visual artists to commentate on news events.
Today Tuesday 1st of November the 9th contribution to Oog is an extraordinary work
by Mongrel. The piece marks the anniversary this week of the murder of Dutch film
maker and controversialist Theo Van Gogh.  Even after such a short existence the
Oog platform is seen at the newspaper as a success as it is one of the most
visited of the on-line news paper's pages. A glance at the archive will show that
the possibilities interactive visual artists working in the context of mainstream
news and commentary offers exciting possibilities which to my knowledge have not
been explored in quite this way anywhere else. The Oog initiator and editor
Nanette Hoogslag <hoogslag@xs4all.nl> is interested in any ideas and feedback you
may have about how this platform might be developed.

David Garcia

 Begin forwarded message: