Soenke Zehle [c] on Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:43:59 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What is code? A conversation with Deleuze, Guattari and code

On "code is becoming today's hegemonic metaphor", also see what T.P.M.B.  has to
say on code/hegemony, Soenke

"I have come to believe ever more deeply in America?s fundamental purpose as
source code for this era?s successful and far-reaching brand of globalization. We
have set in motion a powerful networking effect that encompasses economic and
technological connectivity of the highest order yet seen. But we still have much
to do. Yes, we must help the Gap join that existing connectivity. But we must
likewise help the world as a whole?both Core and Gap?create networks of
political and security connectivity commensurate with the mutually assured
dependence that now exists among all states that are deeply integrated with the
growing global economy. The world needs to play catch-up, so to speak. We need to
make sure our security rule sets match our growing network connectivity, and that
our political rule sets keep pace with our economic transactions."

<http://www.newrulesets.com/journals/barnett_17oct2005.doc>