bitchlab on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:55:33 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Social Networking, the old way

Greetings,

Robin -- Rob Limo -- Miller[1] wrote about social networking using tried
and true technologies at Slashdot.org [1]

I've watched, with fascination, as a local blogging community, TampaBLAB
[2] has developed. It's brought together, not just the bloggers, but those
who read them, who often come from all over the world. It's kind of
interesting to see technology move us out beyond geographically-bounded
space and then pull us right back in -- an important step in the process, I
think.

I'd wanted to write an item about any community-based blog aggregators like
TampaBLAB and the more well-known ones in Oregon, Los Angeles, San
Franciso, New York, and Washington, D.C.

If you happen to know of or are planning to establish a
geographically-oriented blog network or aggregator, please contact me
offlist. I'd like to find community blog aggregators that are for
communities comparable in size to the Tampa Bay area, as well as smaller
ones if possible.

(but you can call me ... Bitch!)

http://blog.pulpculture.org

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn,
stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

[1] "Building the "Social Internet" From the Outside In," by Robin Miller
http://features.slashdot.org/features/06/01/16/1550241.shtml

[2] Brett Gleason's TampaBLAB <http://tampablab.com>