Geert Lovink on Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:24:10 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nettime as idea

Felix Stalder writes:

On 9 Jun 2006, at 10:38 AM, Felix Stalder wrote:

> I agree, on many levels, nettime works quite well, so there is not an
> urgent need to change something. But, this does not mean it cannot be
> improved. Sure it can. But to do that, we need concrete ideas, what
> would you, personally, individually, like to see in nettime, and how
> do you put up the resources to do it? The easiest thing is to do it
> yourself.

Yourself, right. OK, but why are Felix and Ted excluded from this? Why
is it such a hilarious idea that cannot be debated that both, after
seven or more years, now step down and hand over the paswords to an
interim group or some other group that will sort out who will do the
moderation next? Why is rotation of the moderation of nettime-l not a
constructive, concrete proposal?

Another concrete proposal I have is to close down
nettime-l@bbs.thing.net and take another address, in close
collaboration with The Thing. It would at least temporarily take away
some of spam problems.

Yours, Geert