Hans Bernhard on Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:19:18 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> GWEI - Google Will Eat Itself - Solidarity Link Action

Call for Support: Link to Google Will Eat Itself
by Geert Lovink

http://www.networkcultures.org/geert/2007/03/22/call-for-support-link-
to-google-will-eat-itself/

Google Will Eat Itself ( http://www.gwei.org ) announced that is now
fully censored on all Google Search-Indexes worldwide. What a scandal!

The idea behind GWEI is simple:

Google Will Eat Itself generates money by serving Google text
advertisments on a network of hidden Websites. With this money GWEI
automatically buy Google shares. GWEI buys Google via their own
advertisment. Google eats itself - but in the end "we" own it. By
establishing this autocannibalistic model we deconstruct the new
global advertisment mechanisms by rendering them into a surreal click-
based economic model. After this process GWEI hands over the common
ownership of "our" Google Shares to the GTTP Ltd. [Google To The
People Public Company] which distributes them back to the users
(clickers) / public.

Let's break the silence and put a link to this project on our sites
and blogs: http://www.gwei.org. Give Google back to people! GWEI is
an interesting case how to imagine a new global public sphere. How to
reverse privatization and rethink a truely public Internet without
the Googles and Yahoos.

Thanks for your support!

The GWEI-Team
Vienna, Bari, Turin, March 2007

UBERMORGEN.COM (Lizvlx/Hans Bernhard), Alessandro Ludovico and Paolo
Cirio
http://www.gwei.org

---

Latest project
by UBERMORGEN.COM, PAOLO CIRIO, ALESSANDRO LUDOVICO

MISH - MASH - MESH
http://www.amazon-noir.com