Felix Stalder on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:23:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> sad news

This is very sad news, indeed. As Trebor Scholz wrote Ricardo Rosas
saw and established connections where few people could perceive them,
let alone could make them work. Yet, once he pointed them out and set
out to bring them into the world, they were natural. He introduced a
lot of people, including myself, to Brazil and to a world of ideas,
cosmoplitan and uniquely personal at the same time. He did so in the
most humane way possible, by having long conversations, zig-zaging
through Sao Paolo, disappearing and turing up again with more people,
more connections, more things to do. I was always convinced our paths
would cross again, there would be plenty of time for more drinks,
walks, and conversations. It would have been the most natural thing in
the world. Now it won't be.

Felix

--- http://felix.openflows.com ----------------------------- out now:
*|Manuel Castells and the Theory of the Network Society. Polity, 2006
*|Open Cultures and the Nature of Networks. Ed. Futura/Revolver, 2005