Heiko Recktenwald on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:11:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Some remarks on bootlab e.V.

Nothing is eternal, but it once was a nice place in die Ziegelstrasse in
the middle of Berlin. The Bodemuseum, Pergamon etc, a sunny courtyard
with blue sky and the golden roof of the synagogue in the Oranienburger
Strasse. The new rooms not far away in the Tacheles in the Oranienburger
Strasse are much different, so were the rooms in the Tucholkskistrasse.
There was not one room for all, basically one big studio, there were
some smaller room, but the heating in Ziegelstrasse was broken and the
winter is long and cold, something like that.

Last year I was there with Pit and Diana and others, garlic, discussing
radio. Last time I saw Sebastian was in Tucholskistrasse, preparing the
Oil of the Century copyright enterprise.

The basic problem seems to be that bootlab was and maybe still is a
group of artist and not an organisation. It was at least a name for
certain activities of certain people. Contracts with bootlab e.V.,
money, did not change this.

Maybe a typical problem.

On the other hand people are free to leave.

Making it stronger by making it weak?

H.