Joseph DeLappe on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:22:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Tourists and Travelers - Eyebeam Commissioned Residents Exhibition

Hi all,
I am finishing up a six month residency at Eyebeam in NYC - part of this
involves a final exhibition of the results of my residency.  Here is
information on the exhibition - of particular note - I've created a 17' tall
cardboard Gandhi replica of my Gandhi avatar from the Second Life
reenactment of the Salt March conducted earlier this Spring.  I created the
monumental statue using adapted Pepakura papercraft techniques - the
sculpture has been designed to be the same height as Michelangelo's David.

Look here to see some documentation:
http://saltmarchsecondlife.wordpress.com/

Joseph DeLappe
Associate Professor, Art